1.1 Referred User: someone who has been referred to 10X Investments by a 10X Client. You
become a Referred User when a 10X Client completes the ‘Introductions form’ on https://my.10x.co.za.
1.2 Referrer: An existing 10X client (this person has an investment in a 10X product) who
provides the details of a referred user.
1.3 The Promoter: The Promoter is 10X Investments (Pty) Ltd.
2. This promotion is open to all South African Residents who are in possession of a valid identity document as well as foreign nationals who can present their passport.
3. A referral will be deemed successful when the following process has been completed:
3.1 A Referrer (existing 10X client) visits https://my.10x.co.za and completes an ‘Introductions’ form, providing the details of a Referred User (a referral);
3.2 10X will then send a welcome email to the Referred User who will have an opportunity to opt-out. Should no opt-out be received within 48 hours, 10X will follow up with a telephone call during office hours and request a cost comparison and introduce the 10X promotional products;
3.3 Once a cost comparison has been completed and discussed with a 10X Retirement Expert, both the Referrer and the Referred User will receive a Takealot.com voucher to the value of R250.
3.4 If within 6 months of being referred, the Referred User becomes a 10X client by taking out a promotional product, irrespective of whether or not a cost comparison was performed, he or she will receive 6 months of zero 10X fees. That is, the Promoter shall waive the 10X fees for the first 6 months from when they become due and the Referrer will receive a R250 Takealot.com voucher;
3.5 If 3 (three) Referred Users, all of whom have been referred by the same Referrer, become 10X clients (by taking out a promotional product) within 6 months of each of them being referred, then the Referrer shall receive 6 months of zero 10X fees upon the third Referred User taking out a promotional product and becoming a 10X client. If no cost comparison is performed and the Referred User does not become a client within 6 months of the referral, then neither the Referrer nor the Referred User becomes eligible to receive the Takealot.com voucher and the 6 months of zero 10X fees.
4. For a Referred User to qualify for the 6 months of zero 10X fees:
4.1 The Referred User must, within 6 months of being referred, submit a completed and
electronically signed application form online for a 10X Investments product that is on
4.2 All Referred Users who, within 6 months of being referred, apply for a 10X Investments promotional product pay no 10X fees for 6 months. The 6 months is calculated from the 1st (first) day of the month in which their funds are invested. They will commence paying fees only in month 7 (seven).
4.3 This offer is available to Referred Users taking out a 10X Investments promotional
product via the 10X online application platform (invest.10x.co.za).
4.4 This offer excludes the 10X Unit Trusts
5. A Referred User will not be eligible for the promotion if a referred User:
5.1 Is already a client;
5.2 Was an existing client;
5.3 Was referred previously or contacted 10X directly;
5.4 Opts-out of the promotion;
5.5 Invests in only a Unit Trust;
5.6 If a cost comparison is performed after the expiry of the 6 months from the date on which they were referred (for the Takealot.com voucher);
5.7 If an application for a 10X Investments promotional product is received by the Promoter after the expiry of the 6 months from the date on which they were referred (for the 6 months no 10X fees award);
6. A Referrer will not be eligible for the promotion if:
6.1 within 6 months from the referral date, no cost comparison is performed AND the
Referred User does not take out a promotional product. However, if one of the abovementioned occurs within 6 months of the referral, then the Referred User will be eligible (for the Takealot.com voucher);
6.2 A cost comparison is performed for the Referred User after the expiry of the 6 months
from the date of referral. (for the Takealot.com voucher);
6.3 If any of the 3 applications for a 10X Investments product is received by the Promoter
after the expiry of the 6 months from the date on which each Referred User was referred (for the 6 months no 10X fees award);
6.4 The Referrer has already been awarded 6 months of no 10X fees for this promotion. That
is, he/she may only qualify once for the award. However, subsequent referrals for which a cost comparison is performed with 6 months shall entitle the Referrer to a Takealot.com voucher.
6.5 Should the Referrer hold only a Unit Trust product with the Promoter, then he or she will not be eligible for the 6 months no 10X fees award. However, he or she will still be eligible for the Takealot.com voucher.
7. This promotion is open from 10 May 2018 and shall terminate at a date determined by the Promoter.
8. The following 10X investment products qualify for the promotion:
- 10X Retirement Annuity
- 10X Living Annuity – no 10X fee will be charged for the duration of the promotional 6 month period. However, a 0.075% fee will be charged by the life insurer.
- 10X Pension Preservation
- 10X Provident Preservation
9. The promotion is only open to individual retail product applications. 10X institutional (corporate) products and Group Retirement Annuity applications do not apply.
10. Employees at 10X Investments, partner agencies/affiliated companies and members of their immediate family are allowed to participate in the 6 month no fee promotion by referring someone to have a cost comparison completed. If a 10X employees successfully refers 3 referred Users who become 10X Clients, the Referred User will qualify for 6 months of paying zero 10X fees.
11.The offer is not valid and rewards are not payable for self-referrals.
12. Whilst an eligible Referrer or Referred User may qualify for 6 months of no 10X fees, there may be other non-10X fees that are payable. These include:
12.1 A 0.075% fee charged by the life insurance underwriters, Guardrisk, for Living Annuity policies.
13. The specifications of the promotion, including but not limited to duration and value, are at the discretion of the Promoter and are not negotiable.
14. The Promoter reserve the right to alter or cancel the promotion at their own discretion. In the event of such cancellation or alteration, all participants shall waive and abandon any rights they may have against the Promoter, its affiliates or associated companies.
15.The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Participation in the promotion constitutes acceptance of the promotion’s Terms and Conditions.
17. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
18.The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any application if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of withdrawing from the 10X fund to re-apply for the same fund to benefit from the 6 months no 10X fees promotion.
19.The Promoter will not be held responsibile for applications lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
20. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
21. Prizes are not transferrable or negotiable.
22. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by a participant.
23. Beware of bogus callers & SMS notifications that say you've won with 10X Investments. Here's how you can check for bogus notifications:
24. Unless pre-arranged with you, 10X Investments representatives will NEVER come to your office or home to say you're a winner or to deliver a prize.
25. If in ANY doubt, ask the caller for their name and the 10X Investments switchboard number and phone the caller back. Any number other than 021 412 1010 means the caller is trying to trick you.
26. If you are concerned that a bogus caller has contacted you, please store the number of the caller (if you have caller ID) and email it to email@example.com.