10X Investments

Where can I get a pension fund claim form?

"The information and answers supplied in this section do not constitute advice as defined by the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 37 of 2002."


I worked at Liberty and resigned, but they don't want to give me a claim form. I want to know whether SARS will help me if I don't have a form and whether they could provide me with one?



It makes no sense that your employer will not give you a copy of the claim form, unless they believe you have no claim. If your employer will not give you a copy of the required form, you need to contact the retirement fund administrator, and request the form from them. SARS cannot help you in this matter – they only deal with the administrator. SARS issues a tax directive in respect of your pay-out, but only at the request of the fund administrator.