Does investing in a unit trust for my children require a tax number?


Good evening We would like to open unit trust investments for our children. Do they need income tax reference numbers before this can be done? Regards Justin


Justin, Yes, this requires an income tax number. The income will be deemed to be your income, so it would be your tax number.

The information and answers supplied in this section do not constitute advice as defined by the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 37 of 2002.

Get investment and saving tips straight to your inbox.

Related FAQ

What does the advent of the EAC mean for 10X?

The advent of Effective Annual Cost (EAC) is superfluous for clients when examining the 10X offering...

Related FAQ

The 10X Name

Our name comes from Andy Grove, former CEO of Intel. He describes a force that changes the fundament...


How much do I need?

We can help you plan your future. Use our calculator to see if you are on track for a comfortable retirement.

RA Calculator

Get started or switch to 10X today.